If you have applied to Coleshill School Sixth Form as a “returning” Year 11 student or as a “joining” student from another secondary school you will find that the resources and activities provided below will provide an effective bridge between GCSE and A level study.
Activities that are set here are not expected to be handed in and are not part of the sixth form application process. They are designed to provide a sound foundation for you to work from if you are successful in gaining a place in the sixth form.
It is important to note that our entry requirements for sixth form study still remain the same and are available in more detail here
Our list of post 16 subjects available is included below.
Drama and Theatre Studies
Foundation for A Level and BTEC Drama tasks
Read the Approaching plays document and choose several tasks of your choice to complete.
Remind yourself of the list of theatre terminology.
Watch a performance from the useful websites suggested
Wider Reading List
Practitioners – Documents attached
Read as much as you can about the different practitioners below.
Reading and resources list
Unit 2O - Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945
Have a look on ebay as most of these books are available for less than £4 with free postage.
- M Collier, P Pedley, Heinemann Advanced History: Germany 1919-45, Heinemann, 2000
- J Hiden, The Weimar Republic (Seminar Studies In History), Routledge, 1996
- Stephen J. Lee, The Weimar Republic, Taylor and Francis, 1998
- G Layton, Access to History: From Kaiser to Fuhrer: Germany 1900-1945, Hodder Education, 2009
- A McElligott, Weimar Germany (Short Oxford History of Germany), OUP, 2009
- G Layton, From Bismark to Hitler Germany, Hodder and Stoughton, 2004
Visual sources and websites
- Auschwitz - The Nazis And The Final Solution, [DVD]
- Hitler: The Rise of Evil, (2003), [DVD]
- Schindler's List - 20th Anniversary Edition, [DVD], 
- The Nazis - A Warning From History, [DVD]
Cambridge Technical ICT
Applied IT Reading List
Computer Science for Fun
Future of the Internet
Future Predictions of Technology
History of Computers