We welcome all new Year 7 students and parents. Induction Day / Evening is on Thursday 6th July 2017
HOW HAS YEAR 7 BEEN FOR YOU?
We asked our current Year 7 students some questions about their time in Year 7 and any advice for the new Year 7s coming up in September:-
Question: What have you enjoyed most about being in Year 7?
- Working in different classrooms for each lesson and working with new teachers. There is always somebody to help you around the school
- The fun afterschool activities like football training. I have enjoyed my lessons and the teachers are really nice. I really enjoyed being a student receptionist for the day, the student support staff are very kind and helpful.
- So far in year 7 I have enjoyed meeting new teachers and new friends. I have enjoyed having a new school routine as well. I have enjoyed doing trampolining and student reception was great too
- I have enjoyed making new friends and learning new subjects. I feel so confident in all subjects and I have had a great year 7
- Learning different subjects especially Art and Music
- I enjoy all of the fun things we get to take part in
- I have enjoyed how everyone has been so kind and welcoming and all of the lessons have been really fun.
- I have enjoyed the lessons that we did not do in primary school such as Cooking, Drama and Technology.
Question: Any advice to new Year 7s?
- Always make sure you bring your equipment with you to school
- Don’t be afraid to ask anything and be yourself. The teachers are all really helpful if you have any issues in school
- Don’t be frightened to ask questions about anything. The more questions you ask the more confident you will be. It is ok to be scared but you will soon adjust to the new school and fit in
- When I first started I felt really nervous but the teachers really help to build your confidence
- Don’t be afraid to speak to others and ask for help
- If you are unsure about anything go and ask a teacher or the head of year
- Don’t be afraid to speak to new students and make new friends
- I would tell them not to worry, just be yourself and you will soon make friends
- You will enjoy the food in the canteen and all of the new subjects. Also you will meet lots of new friends
Question: What do you least enjoy about being in Year 7?
- Being the smallest students in the school.
- I least enjoy the amount of homework I get
- There isn’t anything that I have not enjoyed, overall it has been a fantastic experience
- Nothing it has been a great year and an amazing experience for me
- I don’t like being the youngest year group
- It takes a while to get to know everyone in your year and takes a while to get to know your way around the school as it is so big
- Being the smallest in the school
|Names||Primary School Attended|
Ben & Luci
Coleshill CE Primary School
Marston Green Primary
Slade Primary School
St John’s Primary School
Water Orton Primary