Trial Dates for 2019/20 Season
Football Trial Starts 10AM
Friday 22nd February, Friday 26th April 2019 or Friday 31st May 2019
The Coleshill Town Football Club, Packington Lane, Coleshill, Birmingham B46 3JE.
Register your interest for the trial dates via our application form below. You'll be given an opportunity to select either date displayed above, before filling out your form for the football academy. Applications close Friday 31st May 2019
The academy is open to 16 – 18 year old students. Each have personalised timetables, enabling the balance of lessons together with an in-depth football development programme. We provide an excellent pathway into further education, sporting 22 hours of lessons over a fortnight, gaining a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport - the equivalent of 3 A levels provided at The Coleshill School over two years.
All players have the opportunity to access FA level 1 and 2 coaching badges.
First class training and playing facilities at Packmeadow on a 4G pitch.
Future Destinations Studying This Course
BTEC Level 3 National Sport courses offer a flexible range of units that suit the particular interests and career aspirations within the sport and active leisure sector. The course offers UCAS points which are widely recognised by universities and employers. Some learners continue their football development as part of a scholarship programme within the USA, through links with the Deon Burton Football Academy.
- Unit 1 - Anatomy & Physiology
- Unit 2 - Fitness Training & Programming for Health, Sport, and Well Being
- Unit 3 - Professional development in the Sports industry
- Unit 4 - Sports Leadership
- Unit 5 - Application of Fitness Testing
- Unit 6 - Sports Psychology
- Unit 7 - Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 8 - Coaching for Performance
- Unit 9 - Research Methods in Sport
- Unit 17 - Sports Injury Management
- Unit 19 - Development and provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- Unit 22 - Investigating business in Sport and the active leisure industry
- Unit 23 - Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Unit 25 - Rules, Regulations and officiating in Sport
Deon Burton Training Academy
- Working with UEFA A and B license coaches where football training mirrors that of professional football academies.
- Playing in the national football youth league and for Coleshill Town.
- Opportunity to play in the highly rated national football youth league where all teams are part of professional football clubs.
- Transport provided to away games.
- Full Rochdale A.F.C training kit (players will pay a contributation to the kit).
- The chance to travel and take part in an international tournament.
- Football training schedule mirrors that of professional football academies, helping bridge the gap between grassroots and elite youth football.
- Links to Paramount Sports Management Football Agency, offering advice, experience, and contacts throughout the game.
My Academy replicates what you would expect from an elite level football Academy.
Here at DBFA / Rochdale Mids the UEFA A & UEFA B Licence coaches will all put in 100% every day, all we ask is you do the same in return.
We try to find that piece of the puzzle that’s missing from your game, be it on or off the pitch. Sometimes it takes a little change/adjustment to make the biggest difference.