KEY STAGE 3:
Introduction to art
- Foundation project: Looking at the work of other artists, using a range of two and three dimensional materials, working from observation and producing final pieces.
- Fantasy Shoe: Looking at the work of designers, using three dimensional materials and creating a final piece.
- Artist study: Learning how to research, investigate and present work about other artists.
- Buildings Project: Looking at the work of different architects, using different materials and process, creating a final piece
- Identity Project: Looking at the work of other artists, learning how to draw portraits and proportion of facial features, producing final pieces.
KEY STAGE 4:
- Everyday project: Introduction to GCSE, using a range of materials and processes, working from observation, investigating the work of others and producing final pieces.
- Similarities and Differences project will include using a range of materials and processes, working from observation, investigating the work of others and producing final pieces.
Year 10 & 11:
- Students will complete two projects including a mock examination. They will develop their skills in a selected process and complete a portfolio of their best work.
KEY STAGE 5
- The first year of A Level is about developing skills and a personal style. It will include tutorials and depth research and discussions about the work of others.
- Part one is developing an investigation and using a range of media and materials. Within the course students are required to write a short essay to support their study. This is presented as a display, in a folder or sketchbook
- Part two is an examination. Students receive the examination question paper in February and have until May to produce the necessary preparation. The examination will take place over 3 days.
- All work is internally marked and externally moderated
The Art department believes in education outside the classroom and offers the opportunity to visit local and national galleries, take part in artist in residence workshops and meet practicing artists.